online ePortfolio of my work and designs dedicated for College and of course, my future! :)
Coursework Accompanied with Journals
Book1| - Consists of primary photos and designs during the first half of the book alongside secondary research and designs for influence. 2 Artist analysis aswell. having a total of 4 artist analysis including the 2 on tumblr.
Book2| - Strictly secondary research and design based for influence
3000 word Essay Accompanied.
Reflecting back on the 2 week project, i believe that it was a really beneficial way of improving my skills and knowledge as an artist. It is unique how eveyone have their own distinctive way of thinking and because of that, me and my group are able to come together and share our ideas and thoughts in creating something we all contributed in. It is also a new experience in learning more stuff about my fellow group mates and their chosen speciality.
I believe that the video can be improved in terms of more in depth recording. By this i mean various camera angles shots and close up shots to show versatality. However, it was our first time in creating a video and we are very pleased in the outcome of it! One strong point that i think should be mentioned is our teamwork. We all worked hard together despite not knowing each other fully and because of this, we was able to work well with each other, not because of our difference, but because of our similarities and interest in art.
The given words, Forage, Raw and Demonstrate really gives off a sense of a real life project. I will definitely take this into account and will learn from this with future project. It was challenging with the limited amount of time we had together. However it shows how well we can manage ourselves and how we can use time effectively.
Here is my visual response for the 2 week collaboration project. Here i have used the program photoshop to manipulate the photographs that were captured in this project by using the extract and pen tool to cut out an imaghe of a fellow ‘2dotw’ member (me to be precise). Having a position that looks like im sitting down, i have taken this as an advantage by placing the blue apple which i found during the play under me like a chair, as though i am some sort of ‘king’. Supporting with edgy shapes behind me to give out a more contemporary style. Alongside a faded photo of other colleagues with the mask on in the background. I could improve on this by possibly using a more varied colour scheme rather than just blue, however i thought i should keep to just one strong colour to really build up the reason of having an apple thats sprayed in blue.
Here i have experimented with the continous shots that a group member took by putting it all in a video, creating a movement-motion image.
(only a few photos uploaded as there are alot taken)
In the early stages of a new academic year, we were given an assignment where we had to group up and collaborate with various students from all fields of the art department which includes graphics, art, photography and more. Three words was given to us, Raw, Forage and Demonstrate. As a group we had to think of an idea in which we can explore and produce an outcome/s, which reflect on those words.
We started off by sitting down as a group, building up an intial plan by writing our thoughts down on paper and discussing what possibilities we can do in order to achieve a final outcome. Firstly, we defined the three words and briefly came up with representations of those words such as, the forest/wilderness, animals, food, acting etc. Sharing our individual ideas, we had decided on choosing Fraz, a fellow group members idea, in which he said:
“There’s a blue apple and everyone is on a mission to try and find the apple. There can be about five to six of us but only one of us finds the apple and keeps it. During the adventures there can be things in the way such as fights and tripping over things.”
It sounded very wild and difficult to do but as a team with a range of specialised skills, we was up for the challenge, wanting to experiment new ways in learning and using that in future projects. A member of the group, Lisa, was randomly doodling an image of a face that looked like a creature in which we all agreed on taking this unintentional drawing, and include it into our project by creating masks in which we all look like monsters, rather than being just plain human beings. We made the masks with cardboard and painted freely the eyes and the mouth as an experiment. Later we moved onto designing a stencil, shaping out our masks by using a laser cutter for a more accurate and precise look. We then after used acrylic paint to paint over the stencil onto the cardboard. In addition, we spray painted an apple blue!
Lisa spray painting the apple.
In terms of how to present this as an outcome, We all decided on creating this in a video format by recording so that it can be shared with others by watching it. In addition, to further on our concept, Vivian was really keen on creating another outcome for this project by suggesting on making a stop-motion. She is specialised in photography and wants to record us using the continuous burst shots to take down our movements in which we can use the images as a comic strip, sequencing our movements. Having 2 outcomes, the comic strip will be featuring us in search for the blue apple and the video will be based on whoever gets the blue apple! Mentioning that i love to dance, the group decided that i should be the lead actor of the creatures by being the one that finds the blue apple first and because of this, the other creatures must obey what i do…which results to all of us dancing!